Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC) was initiated during November, 1999 at CPCRI, Kasaragod under the National Agricultural Technology Project (NATP) Phase II with the following objectives:
- To provide a ‘single window’ delivery system for the products available from CPCRI to the farmers and other interested groups as a process of Innovation in Technology Dissemination at the Institute level.
- To facilitate direct access to the farmers to the institutional resources available in terms of technology, advice, technology products etc., for reducing the time lag in technology adoption and
- To provide a mechanism for feedback from the users to the Institute.
Services Offered At ATIC
Quality planting materials, various technological inputs and products and priced publications including CD ROMs on various aspects of coconut, arecanut and cocoa cultivation are sold to farmers and other stakeholders through ATIC. The details are furnished as follows.
Farm Advisory Services
Farmers can avail Farm Advisory Services from ATIC through the following methods:
- Personal visit to ATIC
- Through Postal correspondence
- Telephone-Helpline services
- Reply through email