Head of the Division: Dr. K Muralidharan
- Agricultural extension
- Agricultural economics
- Agricultural statistics
Social Sciences Division formulate and undertake research projects pertaining to various aspects of technology generation,transfer,utilization and impact in mandate crops; policy interventions in agriculture, and refinement of statistical methods in plantation crops research.
Major Research Activities
- Up-scaling technology transfer through ICT tools, participatory/community based approaches and refinement of technology delivery mechanisms.
- Validation and refinement of technology delivery mechanisms.
- Cyber extension programmes.
- Policy research and Impact assessment.
- Statistical investigations for improving research methodology in plantation crops.